During dinner, laptop on table beside my pancakes and bacon, I hit the "play" button and asked the introverted teen to tell me how he felt. I "shushed" all the others up and allowed his thoughts to develop into words.
(My IPhone 4s video function recorded the conversation)
1. CRAP--This is gonna SUCK!
2. She is a girl wrestler--she is not cute. (response from my son when teammates teased him that the girl was pretty cute)
3. Coach gave me a choice to NOT wrestle--no one wants to do that.
4. If you win you are a JERK, if you lose you are a WIMP
5. It is just wrong for a girl to go out for wrestling.
6. She wasn't stronger than me, but I was shocked at how ridiculously strong for a girl she was. That made me want to beat her faster.
Wrestling a girl may just be a "No PIN" situation and to a teenage boy, he simply wants to move on from the situation and drink some gatorade! A willing woman could take a valued lesson from these sentiments!
FYI: My son is a JERK in this video!!!!!