While owning and maintaining a functioning 21st century dwelling, we have learned it is more about growing productive children, than increasing the value (and keeping up with the Jones). Focusing on investing in them makes the broken railings, holes in drywall, scuff marks on paint, chips in wood, and broken dishes easier to ignore.
Furthermore, sanely raising 4 children with 13 years in between the top and bottom is not a maintenance-free task. Miraculous moments of peace, joy and sibling unity have occurred within it's walls, followed by damages designed to damper any "value-added sale."
Postings here will focus on how we have maintained their independence while nurturing their dependence while (not) maintaining a healthy marriage, social life, and living environment.
• Top Ten Holiday Items to stock-up on EARLY • Model Magic: Homemade Nativities never looked so good! • ABC AWARD: Awesome Blog Content • Labor and Delivery: should it be a family affair? • Giving up on our "gifts" is quite common
God Made us to Do Hard Things (Raising our "parents")
My Dad is Sick, Sick, Sick (Raising our "parents")
• Teens, Tweens, toddlers and technology
• Sam's Club and heels do not mix
• They Teach it at Stanford
• Lawrys Seasons My Life
• Reclaiming our Families
• Inhaling my carbs using the BlendTech Kitchen Mill
• Rhodes Rolls Rising in my Oven
• Halloween "Themed" Costumes
• Technology Maintenance: UPGRADES!
• Fall Leaves: what comes up, must come down!
• A Little Humor Goes a Long Way
• Losing weight during a holiday: possible with a plan
• Don't let your January's be like stores closing in a Mall
• My grandmother would be proud